How to use Hola!CDN for MP4 progressive downloadPosted: March 8, 2016
Hola is a Spanish word meaning Hello.
Hola!CDN is the first CDN purpose built for video. It is developed and operated by Hola!. Hola!CDN makes Internet video delivery Faster, Cheaper and More Reliable.
It is my pleasure to share with readers that I am now working at Hola!CDN!
In my last blogpost I talked my first Israel visit. The main objective of the trip was to attend Hola!CDN training.
The unique Hola!CDN architecture makes it possible to do Five things that other CDNs cannot do:
- Significantly speeds up your video delivery (start time, buffering, seek time, bit rate, failure rate)
- Provides accurate statistics on your viewers’ quality of experience
- Enables mid stream switching of multiple CDNs (configure Hola!CDN’s dashboard to work with several CDNs, taking each video chunk from the fastest and cheapest)
- Reduces video delivery cost substantially, with same low cost from first byte, to anywhere in the world
- Keeps your existing CDN – Hola will only participate where its faster and cheaper
Detail Hola!CDN implementation guide can found at GitHub: https://github.com/hola/cdn/blob/master/install.md
In this blogpost I would like to SHOW how to implement Hola!CDN in a webpage with MP4 progressive download.
Step 1: apply a Hola!CDN account account. We offer 14-day free trial account at holacdn.com
Three steps. That’s all. No DNS change is required!
the page implemented Hola!CDN: There are 6 HTTP requests in the original page and 65 in the page implemented Hola!CDN. Why?
Let’s talk more next time.